Head of Operations
Head of Operations
A Career with Purpose
Have you been seeking a career that is purpose driven and impactful? Do you crave an energizing and creative environment that doesn’t burn you out? If you’re nodding your head yes, we might have the role for you!
As the Head of Operations for our non-profit organization you will have the rare opportunity to impact global strategic initiatives and pave the way for the success of an immensely important cause. There is high visibility, access to leadership and endless growth potential in this role. Your place has already been reserved at the executive table and we are ready to hear your ideas and feel your influence!
We have an aggressive growth plan that is attainable with the help of your inspiring leadership presence, collaborative work style and robust business acumen. If you are tired of the corporate rat race and are passionate about social justice, we’ve got a spot on our team for you.
About International Sanctuary
International Sanctuary exists to empower survivors of trafficking to embrace their true identity and worth. Since 2007, International Sanctuary has helped young women rebuild their lives through healthcare, counseling, employment and education opportunities. Through physical, mental and emotional care survivors are able to begin to thrive. Survivors work within the social enterprise, PURPOSE Jewelry, producing handmade jewelry, managing inventory, and fulfilling orders. Through education, survivors attain personal and professional goals. International Sanctuary provides hope and dignity to survivors of human trafficking.
Handcraft beautiful creations
We transform lives by helping people see themselves as God sees them – worthy, dignified, beautiful, and strong – by creating loving, trauma informed workplace communities full of peace, joy, hope, fun, respect, and dignity.
Pursue passion with perspective
Moved by compassion and a passion for justice, we genuinely believe that our contributions are significant in the fight against human trafficking. We are able to be discerning and optimistic by keeping a long-term perspective and measure success in small doses.
Heart to Serve
We demonstrate our genuine care for one another by affirming each other, celebrating together, and forgiving one another.
About Our Team
Founder, creative visionary, jewelry designer, volunteer, justice seeker, and Didi (meaning sister) are a few names that describe our global team at iSanctuary. Thanks to the dedication, passion and hard-work of this small but mighty team, iSanctuary has flourished. Our team now has their sights set on having 10 Sanctuaries by 2020. As the organization has matured, we have never wavered from our mission to not just sustain victims of modern-day slavery, but to provide the tools and life skills they need to embrace their true identity and worth, and transform into survivors with true freedom.
About Your Role
Under the direction of the President, you will be responsible for ensuring that tactical execution and accomplishments are in line with short and medium term plans. As the Head of Operations you will need to deliver quality and measurable results while enhancing organization capabilities and culture in line with International Sanctuary’s mission, visions, values, and strategic objectives. Key accountabilities include:
- Oversee organization’s U.S. operations including Sales and Marketing, Finance, Brand Management, Graphic Design, Communications, Human Resources, Community Involvement. In addition, oversee select strategic initiatives.
- Partner with the President on operational successes and challenges. Contribute and collaborate effectively as part of the organization’s senior management team.
o Participate in refining the organization’s strategic goals and translate strategic goals into operational objectives and tactics.
o Responsible for direct leadership of the US management and coordinating global leadership in partnership with the VP of program development and in-country leadership.
- Mobilize staff, volunteers, participants and interns to execute tactical plans in order to achieve the organizational vision.
o Provide oversight and business acumen to employees. Foster teamwork and reinforce organizational culture in line with values.
o Develop clear expectations and support staff in line with their experience and the complexity of the tasks. Cultivate priorities, schedules, and timelines and ensure expectations are met.
o Document development plans, including strengths, weaknesses, career goals/values, and development objectives. Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring (personally or by securing support from others)
o Troubleshoot and problem solves as issues arise. Facilitates corrective discipline as needed.
- Achieve targeted results through disciplined management of organizational resources, including personnel and financial resources.
o Ensure staff is maintaining a balanced budget and reinforces and defines employee policies and ensures compliance with labor laws.
o Affirm policies to keep anonymity of all program participants.
- Enhance internal and external collaboration and network in support of the organization.
o Develop a management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and communication throughout the organization internationally.
o Help to publicize the organization’s activities, programs, goals and impact.
o Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and develop rapport with industry partners.
o Support VP of development in expanding the network of corporate and individual donors.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of leadership expertise with demonstrated exemplary results. 3+ of leadership experience should include direct management and supervision.
- 5+ years in a business/operational role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Capacity to define a vision, build teams and achieve results despite obstacles
- A deep passion for social justice
- Mentor Mindset - Maintain a respectful, empathetic, constructive and energetic leadership style that attracts, retains and develops staff.
- Invested Leader - Able to delegate effectively, monitor results, manage projects, ensure accountability and provide constructive performance feedback.
- Strong Business Acumen - Define and enhance effective processes for administrative operations and reporting procedures to ensure financial strength and maintain operating efficiency.
- Collaborative - Work with teams effectively internally and externally, locally and globally.
Interested? Let’s Talk
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch with you!